Sunday, May 4, 2014

Tommy Neeson to Speak at the Annual Meeting

The annual club meeting and elections will be Tuesday, May 13th, 7 p.m. at the Windsor Forest Clubhouse.


View Larger Map

The featured speaker will be runner Tommy Neeson. As for Tommy's running, he says, "I've been running and racing since I was 7 or 8. I've raced everything from a 400 up through a 24 hour run. I've completed over 50 marathons with a PR of 2:35 at Shamrock. I've been with the Clif Bar Pace Team for about 5 years and I've been lucky enough to pace marathons all over the country including pacing a half marathon in Hamilton, OT. Notable pacing gigs are: NYC, Marine Corps and Grandma's.


Every running PR I have is from the age of 34 and older with the exception of my mile and 10K time. One other tidbit of information - I've been very lucky to have won more than my fair share of races, not quite triple digits, but it's getting close. The one distance I've never won a race is the 10K - and that pisses me off to no end!!!"

The youngest of three and the only one to leave New York, Tommy works for a company that runs homes for adults with disabilities and has been doing that for about 20 years now. He has been with his current company for 7 years and really enjoys what he does for a living.

 He has a 20 year old daughter, Shelby, who graduated from Kellam High and lettered in 5 different sports (cross country, winter track, spring track, field hockey and lacrosse).  Tommy turned the loss of another daughter into a run for charity from Maine to Florida and wrote about it in Four Million Steps which you can read about at http://www.amazon.com/Four-Million-Steps-Tommy-Neeson-ebook/dp/B00FQM404Y. You can read about his adventures running a marathon tethered to four other guys at http://postalgood.blogspot.com/2012/03/my-interview-with-guinness-world-record.html, and he also has ventured into the Guinness Book of World Records for 50K treadmill running.

 Here is an excerpt from Tommy's book:


No comments:

Post a Comment